Metric Insights, an exciting and growing startup, is developing cutting-edge, enterprise technology that is disrupting the Business Intelligence and Analytics space. Join a small, passionate sales team selling an innovative Push Intelligence platform to leading organizations.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer with experience working as part of an enterprise software sales team. A strong technical background with deep technical skills, including a working knowledge of business intelligence applications and complex data sources, is preferred. Sales Engineers are the key technical points of contact for prospects at Metric Insights. They provide pre-sales support ultimately contributing to the conversion of prospects to customers.
- Develop and deliver presentations and demonstrations, both standard and custom.
- Effectively communicate with key IT and business decision makers, in both formal and casual settings.
- Drive all aspects of Proof of Concepts processes using prospect’s data—from requirements and design to training and delivery.
- Provide strategic pre-sales support, including: needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations, and other general tasks.
- Provide proactive support to prospects and act as liaison to internal support team.
- Be the customer advocate for product management and development.
- Support all strategic deals involving complex data and/or data sources.
- Learn and develop expertise in Metric Insights software through product training classes and unsupervised work assignments—contribute any insights gained back to the team.
- Assist and guide prospects through the evaluation and selection process.
- BS degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience in a Sales Engineer / Sales Consulting role. This includes 3 or more years experience in Business Intelligence technology.
- Strong technical skills across various technologies and relevant business acumen.
- Intermediate SQL skills. Experience with SQL or MDX (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Analysis Services, Essbase, Netezza, etc.).
- Successful experience at new account development or large account management.
- Experience and training in a value-based enterprise sales methodology (Solution Selling, Customer-Centric Selling, etc.) is a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Self-driven, motivated, and results oriented.
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas.
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% as needed.