A major challenge for healthcare administrators and practitioners is they have too little time to focus on analytics. Just having a healthcare analytics system in place is no longer enough for success. To deal with this new reality, professionals must have the ability, as part of their daily routine, to check on key metrics in 60 seconds or less.
This white paper addresses seven areas on which a healthcare IT organization should focus to ensure success in this new world of providing analytics to industry professionals:
- Provide insights that find the practitioner, not the other way around
- Never require users to wait
- Personalize delivery of Metrics
- Remove training from the equation
- Allow Context and Collaboration
- Deploy quickly and iterate
- Seamlessly interface with existing applications
These principals can be applied to analytics related to Readmission Rates, Meaningful Use, Financial, Clinical, Spending Categories and EMR analytics.